Monday, May 30, 2011

Dark Chocolate Raspberry Pancakes with Mixed Berry Compote

I am now halfway finished reading The Help by Kathryn Stockett. The book has greatly improved and picked up from the initial 80 pages, but it was very hard to keep focused long enough for me to gain interest in the book.

The book kept me up until well past 3am last night. Today I've accomplished pancakes, organizing my office/guest room, cleaning the deck and carport, and watching Harry Potter year 1 and 2. I would have watched the third one but when I put in the disc, it plays Polar Express!? Needless to say I was not happy. I am also too lazy to go back to Wal-Mart and exchange it today. That will be added to the list of things to accomplish tomorrow evening. 

This morning's breakfast was a quick, throw together type of pancake because its the end of the month and I have not been to the store recently. I was using what few things are still left in the fridge, freezer, and pantry.

Dark Chocolate Raspberry Pancakes With Mixed Berry Compote


Compote
1 C Mixed Berries
3 Tbs Sugar
1/8 C Water
1 Tbs Cornstarch
2 Tbs Water



In a medium sauce pan, over medium heat, combine berries, sugar, and 1/8 C of water.



Bring just to a boil, stirring occasionally. Mix together cornstarch and water, stir into berry mixture. Continue to cook until thickened.

Pancakes
1 C All-Purpose Flour
2 tsp Baking Powder
1 tsp Baking Soda
Dash Salt
1 Tbs Sugar
1 tsp Vanilla Extract
1 Egg
2 Tbs Unsalted Butter, melted
3/4 C Milk
1/2 C Red Raspberries
1/4 C Dark Chocolate Chips (I prefer Ghirardelli Chocolate)



Mix together dry ingredients in a medium bowl, whisk in vanilla, egg, melted butter, and milk. Fold in raspberries.



Cook over medium heat in a lightly greased skillet.



Flip when edges are set and cook until both sides are golden.


Top with mixed berry compote and enjoy!

No comments :

Post a Comment