Saturday, May 28, 2011

Apricot Walnut Pancakes

This morning started off to be a slow day. I woke up at 5am. Who wakes up at 5 on a Saturday?

I think my internal clock operates in a different time zone.

Waking up obnoxiously early, I typically get a lot done. Laundry, cleaning, grocery shopping when nobody is out in the store to annoy me. This morning however, I did none of that. I made pancakes, pulled a blanket out of the closet and curled up on the couch to watch I Love Lucy.

I LOVE I Love Lucy. It is the best t.v. show ever!

That brings me to my cooking adventure this morning. These were inspired by the superb apricots I picked up at the local Harris Teeter store this morning.

Apricot Walnut Pancakes


1 C Whole Wheat Flour
2 tsp Baking Powder
1/2 tsp Baking Soda
Dash Salt
1/2 tsp Ground Ginger
3 Tbs Molasses
1 Egg
1 C Milk
1 Apricot, diced
1/4 C Walnuts, finely chopped

Mix together the dry stuff. Stir in molasses, egg, and milk.


Chop the walnuts until they are of a desirable size.


Chop the apricot into small pieces.


Fold into the pancake batter.


Cook in a lightly greased skillet over low heat until browned on both sides. I had so much fruit and nuts in my batter, there wasn't room for bubbles to appear. Also the molasses makes these pancakes tend to get dark easily, but they aren't burnt.


Enjoy!

No comments :

Post a Comment