Monday, July 11, 2011

Almond Streusel Popovers

It's Monday.

That means in four days, I'll be relaxing on the beach. Nice and stress free. I need that.

When I come back, I need to find a job. One where nobody pees in their shoe and carries it around with them. I love teaching but I need some time away from it. I am out of patience and passion for it. I don't want to deal with people peeing on random things anymore. Can you really blame me?

I am also a week behind on recipes to post on here. I made these popovers a week ago. Today I made porridge, inspired by Panna L. It was delicious. I'll post that recipe eventually. You'll want to try it. Trust me.

These popovers are great too. You should try them too. Because I said so.






Almond Streusel Popovers



By Sarah the Food Addict
Published: July 11, 2011

Prep time: 10 min
Cook time: 30 min
Total time: 40 min
Yield: 4 servings

Serving size: 3 Popovers
Calories per serving: 686
Fat per serving: 33.3g


Popover Ingredients:

1 C All-Purpose Flour
1/4 tsp Salt
4 Large Eggs
1 C Milk
1 tsp Vanilla Extract
1/3 C Almond Slices
3 Tbs Unsalted Butter


Popover Procedure:

Preheat oven to 425. Place a muffin pan into heat.

In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, salt, eggs, milk, and vanilla.




Remove hot muffin pan from the oven. Melt ¼ Tbs of butter into each cup of a 12-cup muffin pan. Divide the batter evenly between the muffin cups. Sprinkle almond top of each.



Bake for 20-30 minutes or until golden and puffed.



Streusel Topping Ingredients:
1/3 C Sugar
1/3 C All-Purpose Flour
1 tsp Ground Cinnamon
2 Tbs Unsalted Butter, chilled

Streusel Topping Instructions:

Mix the sugar, flour and cinnamon together. Cut in butter until mixture forms small crumbles.

Sprinkle over hot popovers before serving.



1 comment :

  1. I'm so glad that you like the porridge! Can't wait to see your photos! :)
    I used to eat a lot of sugar and when I start my day with banana-sweet porridge I don't feel like eating sweets at all :)
    Btw. I've never tried popovers so far. But heard a lot about them. I'm going to try your recipe soon :) It will be my first time, haha! <3
    Have a nice day!

    ReplyDelete