Thursday, May 5, 2011

Carrot Cake Pancakes




Yesterday was one of those abnormally chilly days. I spent the day with multiple cups of hot tea and a good book, Water for Elephants by Sara Gruen. Something about masturbating dwarfs caught my attention and well, yeah, I sat cuddled up on the couch all day with it. I suggest reading it, I haven't seen the movie yet but I bet they leave out the masturbating dwarf.....

Anywho, this morning's breakfast was one of those recipes I found on some blog site, several years ago and like to make every few months. It's healthy and yummy. Well at least it was healthy until I smothered it in maple syrup.

Carrot Cake Pancakes

(upon a few minutes of searching, I have not been able to remember where I got the recipe, but I'm fairly certain I got it from somebody who got it from Joy The Baker, however I cannot find the recipe on her blog. :/ )




1/2 C All-Purpose Flour
1/2 C Whole Wheat Flour
1 tsp Baking Powder
1/2 tsp Baking Soda
1 tsp Ground Cinnamon
1/2 tsp Ground Nutmeg
1 Egg
1 C Buttermilk
1/3 C Raisins
1/2 C Finely Grated Carrot
1/4 C Chopped Pecans

In a medium bowl, mix together dry ingredients. Stir in egg and buttermilk.


Fold in raisins, carrots, and pecans.










**Note: Plump, juicy raisins are a must. If your raisins look and feel like rocks cover them with water, stick them in the microwave for a minute or so until the water heats up and then let them set for 10 minutes or so until they are soft.**
Allow the batter to rest for 10-15 minutes, or over night works well too, fry in a lightly greased skillet or on a griddle.


Serves 2-3 people. I get about 6 pancakes that measure approx. 5 inches.



No comments :

Post a Comment