Wednesday, May 25, 2011

The Help & Brown Sugar Oatmeal Pancakes

My morning started almost an hour earlier than I wanted it to. So much for getting rest. I am starting to believe that I am incapable of sleeping.

My mind doesn't stop. It just keeps going and going. Like  the Energizer Bunny. It never stops.

I tossed together a quick pancake batter, cooked up some wonderful pancakes, and ate them while reading The Help by Kathryn Stockett.

The pancakes were delicious, the book started off rather boring. :-( Nothing all that mind blowing. Definitely a slow starter. 80 pages later, I am finally starting to get into it. Guess we'll have to see how it turns out.

This morning's breakfast: Brown Sugar, Oatmeal Pancakes

3/4 C  Whole Wheat Flour
1/2 C Quick Cooking Oats
1/2 tsp Baking Powder
Dash Salt
1/3 C Dark Brown Sugar
1 Egg
2 Tbs Unsalted Butter, melted
1 C Buttermilk
1 tsp Vanilla Extract

Combine the dry ingredients in a mixing bowl. I stir it with a fork to remove the lumps from the brown sugar. Add in the egg, butter, buttermilk, and vanilla. Whisk together well.



Cook over medium heat in a lightly greased skillet.



Turn pancakes when golden brown on the bottom. Mine never formed bubbles on the surface, so watch the  edges carefully for when they set.



Serve and enjoy! (Serves 2-3)

No comments :

Post a Comment