Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Italian Orzo Pasta Salad

I have a new addiction. The Kitchen Boss.

Buddy Valastro makes gorgeous cakes. I can't do that. I could eat them though.

Now he shows people how to make awesome Italian food. His recipes are to die for. I of course modify them for my personal tastes. I get hungry just watching him make his food.

He doesn't believe in leaving out the fattening parts of recipes. Tons of butter, fat marbled meats, sugar, and all that other stuff that makes food taste good. I LOVE it.

The other day Buddy made Orzo Pasta Salad. Today, I made Orzo Pasta Salad.


2 C Cooked Orzo Pasta (1 C uncooked)
1/4 C Extra Virgin Olive Oil
2 Tbs Sun Dried Tomatoes in Oil
1 Tbs Fresh Basil, minced
1 tsp Fresh Rosemary, minced
1/2 C Grape Tomatoes, halved
1/4 C Pine Nuts, Toasted
1/2 C Kalamata Olives, pitted and sliced
1/4 C Red Wine Vinegar



Cook the orzo according to the package directions. Drain and toss immediately with olive oil, sun dried tomatoes, basil, and rosemary. Allow to cool.



Toss pasta with grape tomatoes, pine nuts, olives, and red wine vinegar. Allow to set at least 10 minutes. Serve chilled.



Serves 2-3. This will keep in the fridge for up to 4 days.

I fell in love with this salad the second I tasted it, I hope you do to!

No comments :

Post a Comment