Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Perfect Creamy Hot Chocolate

After making marshmallows last week, I have been dying for an opportunity to make some hot chocolate. Tonight is one of those perfect evenings that just screams for a over sized blanket, the porch swing, a good book, and a steaming cup of hot chocolate. 

This is the perfect way to unwind after a crazy day at work. Some days I love my job as a preschool teacher. Other days, much like today, I come home wondering how did he manage to stick that there? 





Any great hot chocolate needs to start with a delicious chocolate syrup. I prefer to make my own. I made up a small batch, just enough for two cups of hot chocolate. It's simple and takes less than 5 minutes. There is no reason not to make your own. 





Perfect Creamy Hot Cocoa
Makes 2 Servings
3 Tbsp. unsweetened cocoa powder
¼ cup sugar
Dash salt
¼ cup water
1 ¾ cup milk
¼ cup half and half
½ tsp. vanilla extract


In a medium sauce pan, over medium heat combine cocoa, sugar, salt, and water. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly. Cook until thickened. Stir in milk, half and half, and vanilla. Reduce heat to medium-low, stirring constantly until thoroughly heated. 

No comments :

Post a Comment