Monday, July 4, 2011

Strawberry Banana Bread

What a weekend!

90 degree weather, good friends, lots of food, and a nice relaxing day at the pool. What more could a girl want?

No rain! That's what.

And some good snacking bread to munch on while I don't clean up from the cookout.

I made this early this morning to share with some great friends. They loved it.

Now as I procrastinate in my cleaning up, I am watching it rain sideways across my porch. Stupid storm is ruining my night time plans of watching fireworks and eating funnel cakes.

I doubled the recipe to accommodate for the 8 other people who would be snacking on my bread. The bread is delicious!




Strawberry Banana Bread



By Sarah the Food Addict
Published: July 4, 2011
Adapted from: Joy the Baker


Prep time: 20
Cook time: 50-60
Total time: 1 hr 20 min
Yield: 1 loaf

Serving size: 1 slice
Calories per serving: 364
Fat per serving: 19.1g


Ingredients:

6 oz Unsalted Butter, browned
1 C All-Purpose Flour
1 C Whole Wheat Flour
3/4 C Light Brown Sugar
1 tsp Baking Soda
1/2 tsp Salt
1 tsp Cinnamon
2 Large Eggs
1 tsp Vanilla Extract
3/4 C Buttermilk
3/4 C Diced Strawberries
3/4 C Mashed, Ripe Bananas
1 SlicedStrawberry



Procedure:


Brown the butter and allow it to cool.

In a mixing bowl, combine flours, sugar, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon.



Stir in browned butter, eggs, vanilla, and buttermilk.



Fold in mashed bananas and diced strawberries. 




Pour into prepared pan.


Top with strawberry slices.


Bake at 350 for approximately 50-60 minutes, or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.



Cool completely before slicing.

1 comment :

  1. This bread is absolutely mouth-watering! I love strawberries, however I haven't tried strawberry bread yet. Definitely a must-do :3!
    Your blog is really yummy <3

    ReplyDelete