Saturday, July 2, 2011

Brown Sugar Waffles

Last week I got a new gadget.

It is probably something I should have gotten a while ago.

A waffle iron!

Since I am me, I couldn't start with a boring, plain waffle.

I started out with a waffle that had a nice, crisp outside. I cannot stand a soggy waffle. The sugar in this recipe allows it to get nice and crisp on the outside.

Brown Sugar Waffles (makes 4 7-8" waffles)
1 3/4 C All Purpose Flour
1/4 C Light Brown Sugar
1 tsp Baking Powder
2 tsp Baking Soda
1 tsp Salt
2 Large Eggs
1 3/4 C Buttermilk
8 Tbs Unsalted Butter, melted, cooled to room temperature


In a medium bowl, combine the dry ingredients. Mix in the eggs, buttermilk, and butter until just combined.


Fill the waffle iron according to the manufacture's directions. For mine, a scant 3/4 C fills it perfectly.

Cook the waffle according to your manufacture's instructions. 4 minutes seems to be perfect for mine. The best judge is when the steam stops coming from the waffle iron.


I like my waffles a little on the well-done side, so I cooked mine a little bit longer.



Serve topped with your favorite topping. I went with lots of butter and Log Cabin syrup (which is now thankfully free from high fructose corn syrup).


Perfect!

No comments :

Post a Comment