Saturday, November 29, 2014

Cranberry Martini

Congratulations! We have survived Thanksgiving and Black Friday! Tons of delicious turkey, stuffing, pies, and countless calories later I am now stressing about preparing for Christmas.

I get the honor of preparing that massive quantity of cookies that my Grandmother used to make. I went to the grocery and after an hour of battling the crowds, I reappeared with 25 pounds of flour, 25 pounds of sugar, an assortment of nuts, sprinkles, baking chocolate and 10 pounds of butter. We won't discuss the eggs. That was a nightmare. A very distracted mother was allowing her young child WALK on the eggs. I'll go back for eggs another day. Once I've got my cooking baking game plan figured out. Look out for all the delicious recipes that will follow!

While I work on that game plan, I will be sipping on one of my favorite holiday drinks. A delicious Cranberry Martini.

Cranberry Martini
Serves 2

Ice Cubes
3/4 cup vodka
1/4 cranberry juice
4 frozen cranberries
2 lemon zest twists

Put martini glasses in the freezer for at least 30 minutes.

Fill a cocktail shaker half full with ice cubes. Pour in vodka and cranberry juice. Close the shaker and shake vigorously up and down for about 15 seconds. Strain into chilled martini glasses. Garnish with frozen cranberries and lemon twist.


No comments :

Post a Comment