Saturday, November 15, 2014

Apple Cider Oatmeal

A beautiful Saturday here in my house. Yesterday I couldn't resist getting some apple cider while I was out and about. I was craving this wonderful Mulled Apple Cider. It embodies everything that is fall from my childhood.

This morning I decided to add a little of that cider into my breakfast oatmeal for a little change. It was delicious. A perfect fall breakfast. (And it takes less than 10 minutes to make!)





Apple Cider Oatmeal
serves 1

3/4 cup apple cider
pinch of salt
1/4 cup steel cut oats or 1/2 cup old fashioned oats
1 tsp. maple syrup
2 tbsp. chopped pecans, toasted
2 tbsp. milk, optional

In a small pot, bring apple cider and salt to a boil over medium heat. Stir in oats and reduce the heat to medium low, especially if you're using steel cut oats. (Gotta let the cider get absorbed instead of boiling away!) Cook for 5-7 minutes, until oatmeal is tender and desired thickness of the oatmeal is reached. Stir in milk if desired.

Top with maple syrup and roasted pecans.

Enjoy!


No comments :

Post a Comment