Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Cinnamon Caramel Macchiato

I might be a morning person but I still NEED my coffee fix to face the day. Especially when I wake up an hour before my alarm goes off.

I also live in a town that does NOT have a Starbucks! It's probably better that it's not around, I really don't need to be spending $5+ on my morning addiction each day.

Since there is no Starbucks near by, I typically make my own coffee creations using my wonderful Keurig Single Serve Coffee Maker.

I buy the Starbucks Espresso Roast coffee at Wal-mart. I have one of those reusable coffee filters for my Keurig (because I'm too cheap to spend $0.75 per cup...although I do get them when I have good coupons!) 






To make your own macchiato all you need is:

1 cup strong coffee (more or less to taste...I like STRONG coffee drinks)
1/2 cup milk
2 tbsp. vanilla syrup (found in the coffee aisle of your local grocery)
1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon
caramel ice cream topping
whipped cream

I have a milk steamer but rarely use it. I like my microwave and immersion hand blender.

Put your milk, cinnamon and vanilla syrup in a 2 cup measuring cup. Pop it in the microwave for 2 minutes until it's boiling. Use a hand held blender to make it foamy. (I rarely waste time on this step).

Mix the milk into the coffee. Top with whipped cream and drizzle with caramel.


**I add 1 tbsp. caramel into my milk as well for a richer caramel flavor. But this is not how it's done at Starbucks.

No comments :

Post a Comment