Sunday, October 7, 2012

Blueberry Cream Cheese Baked French Toast

I have a new addiction. Pinterest. It is becoming a new obsession. I used to follow a lot of blogs however most of them are beginning to seem rather repetitive any more and became un-inspiring to me.

Now that I have found new inspiration, I figured I will make another attempt at blogging.

This recipe is inspired by a recipe I found on Pinterest. It looked delicious. Then when I looked at the recipe,  I was shocked. 12 eggs?!?!

The original recipe came from Chef-in-Training. I'm sure it was great the way it was. I didn't have a dozen eggs to use and I didn't have the entire night to let it set. I needed it immediately. So I changed it. It was still yummy!






Blueberry-Cream Cheese Baked French Toast

Recipe by Sarah-the-Food-Addict
Prep time: 15 min
Cook time: 30 min
Total time: 45 min
Yield: 2 servings
Ingredients
  • 6 slices ciabatta bread, cut into cubes
  • 1/2 cup blueberries, frozen or fresh
  • 2 oz. cream cheese, cut into cubes
  • 1 large egg
  • 1/3 cup heavy cream
  • 3 tbsp. pure maple syrup
  • 2 tsp. vanilla extra
Cooking Directions
  1. Preheat oven to 350. Grease a loaf pan or other small baking dish.
  2. Whisk egg, heavy cream, syrup and vanilla together.
  3. Layer bread cubes, blueberries and cream cheese cubes into baking dish. Pour egg mixture over the bread. Let set for 10 minutes. Cover with foil.
  4. Bake for 15 minutes. Remove foil and bake an additional 15 minutes, until top is slightly browned.


**Feel free to use any good textured, crusty bread. 

No comments :

Post a Comment