Friday, October 17, 2014

TGIF, Let's Celebrate

Here it is, Friday yet again! And what a beautiful Friday it is. I hope that everyone has had a great week and is ready for a great weekend.

My weekend plans involve marshmallows, my fire pit, and an over-sized, well loved sweater. It's perfect weather for it!  I can't wait!






Lots of interesting things have popped up on the news and in my Facebook news feed this week. Here are a few of the things I have found more rather interesting.

Comfort food not comforting? I have to totally disagree with this one. I don't care what science says. When I am upset or stressed, there is nothing more relaxing than sitting down with some of my favorite foods. Maybe it's not the food itself, as much as the memories that we associate with that food. Either way, certain things will always be my comfort foods.

Are you a sugar addict? Have you ever stopped to look at how much sugar is added to pre-made foods? Why is there high fructose corn syrup in spaghetti sauce? Schools are counting tomato paste a a vegetable.

Autistic Boy becomes BFF's with Siri. I'm not quite sure what to think of this. Upon seeing the title, my first response is to criticize the parents. But after reading it, there are many thoughts going through my head to the possibilities this could create for those struggling with social skills.

I have felt for a long time that people do not really look at the big picture until it is too late. All I can say is Oh my. (for mature audiences only lol)

Some days I have very little faith in people's intelligence. Reading this just confirms my fears.


Have a great weekend!



No comments :

Post a Comment