Thursday, November 8, 2012

Raspberry Oven Pancake with Lemon Sugar

I am a morning person. I get up at 6am on my days off. People tell me this is not normal. Oh well. I love starting the day off with a good breakfast, especially on days that I have to work.

I need the energy and happy feelings that a home-cooked breakfast bring into my world.

I love sitting down to eat breakfast with a hot cup of tea and a book and forgetting about the fact that I have to leave the comfort of my kitchen in the near future. Unfortunately I'm good at forgetting. I always lose track of time and end up running 5 minutes late. Oh well.







Raspberry Oven Pancake with Lemon Sugar

Prep time: 5 min
Cook time: 20 min
Total time: 25 min
Yield: 2 servings
Ingredients
  • 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
  • 1/8 tsp. salt
  • 2 large eggs
  • 1/2 cup milk
  • 2 tbsp. butter
  • 1/2 cup raspberries, fresh or frozen
  • zest of 1/2 lemon
  • 1/4 cup sugar (coarse sugar is best)
Cooking Directions
  1. Preheat oven to 425. Put a 9 or 10-inch cast iron skillet in to heat.
  2. Mix flour and salt. Whisk in eggs and milk, only until combined.
  3. When the skillet is hot, remove from the over and immediately place in the butter, swirling to melt.
  4. Pour in batter, arrange raspberries in the skillet, leaving a 3/4 inch boarder around the edges.
  5. Bake at 425 for 15-20 minutes or until puffy and browned.
  6. Meanwhile, combine lemon zest and sugar, pressing gently to release oils.
  7. Sprinkle over the pancake when you remove it from the oven.

No comments :

Post a Comment