Monday, May 5, 2014

Fried Polenta

I woke up before my alarm went off this morning. Maybe it was in anticipation of being able to fry up yesterday's left over Creamy Brown Sugar Vanilla Polenta. It definitely wasn't in anticipation of it being Monday. I like to hide from Mondays, hoping that it won't be able to find me if I just put my pillow over my head and lay in bed for just a little longer.

The thought of being able to make this fried polenta this morning was definitely the motivation I needed to remove the pillow from over my head and crawl out of bed. Take that you evil Monday!



Fried Polenta
one batch of polenta, such as Creamy Brown Sugar Vanilla Polenta, chilled over night in a loaf pan
3 tbsp. oil
1/4 cup cornmeal

In a heavy bottom skillet, such as cast iron, heat oil over medium low heat.

Slice polenta to desired thickness. Coat each side with cornmeal. Fry in hot oil under desired brownness is reached. Flip and cook the other side. I like mine to be a little extra crispy on the outside while soft inside so  I cut thick slices and cook for 5-8 minutes per side until browned and extra crispy.

Top with butter and syrup or other desired topping.

No comments :

Post a Comment