Friday, September 12, 2014

TGIF, Let's Celebrate!

happy
Friday


Can you believe September is just about half over? Where, oh where has the summer gone?


While not quite fall yet, the weather is definitely shifting in that direction.  These cool(er) mornings are a perfect time to sit back, sip a hot drink, and reflect on the world around us.

Indulge me as I share some of my weekly wanderings with you.


  • Yesterday we remembered all those who were killed on 9/11. To those of us not directly affected, these past 13 years have been difficult. We have watched our nation be torn apart and come back together stronger. We have watched those around us struggle to come to terms with the events of 9/11. We have struggled to regain a sense of security and safety in our lives. For those directly affected,  there are simply no words to describe the tremendous loss and devastation that they have suffered and still have to face each and every day. Please remember to send loving thoughts and prayers to all those whose lives were forever changed 13 years ago.

  • I spent my morning sitting on my front porch swing, watching the first few leaves start to fall from the trees. It was perfect weather to sip on a "real food" pumpkin spice latte. If you're a Facebook junkie like me, there is no doubt your newsfeed has been flooded with a picture from Food Babe about what is actually in Starbuck's Pumpkin Spice Latte. Maybe it's just me but it just doesn't sound appealing.

  • According to a recent study, The Rich are Eating Richer, the Poor are Eating Poorer.  While there are numerous studies that reflect on American's eating habits, mostly it comes down to the results of this study. Highly processed foods are cheaper and more readily available. Processed foods allow lab created nutrients and soy-filled products to be factory created to feed the masses. Natural, real food, requires time and space to be cultivated as well as people to care for the crops; which ultimately requires more money to produce. Think about it. 

  • I am, admittedly, a huge nerd. Part of my weekly routine involves checking out the NY Times Best Sellers List. I like to keep up with all the latest books. I love to curl up in a comfy chair and just lose myself in another world that has been created by talented authors. 

  • And while on the subject of reading, did you know that the Nook Blog offers Freebies on Fridays? Every week they offer up one book, one app, and one episode that you can download for free! Granted most of the books are romance novels (not typically my choice of reading material) but hey, they are free!   

No comments :

Post a Comment