Tuesday, December 25, 2012

Cinnamon-Raisin Noodle Pudding

Whenever I go to visit my parents, my mother always has a stack magazines that she's been saving for me to look at. She reads the articles, I only care about the recipes. Some of them sound horrible and some of the pictures look even more disgusting.

I often think that some magazines are out of ideas for good. One recipe combined spaghetti squash, spaghetti noodles, marinara, green olives, and raisins. Green olives and raisins aren't a flavor combination that I care to experiment with. The picture was even less appetizing.

I did find a few recipes I'm looking forward to trying out. My breakfast this morning was one of those recipes. Cinnamon-Raisin Noodle Pudding. My mom turned her nose up at the name of the recipe. It is not the normal combination of ingredients but definitely worth a try!

This could easily be breakfast or dessert. I chose to make it for breakfast. It was delicious.






Cinnamon Raisin Noodle Pudding

Prep time: 15 min
Cook time: 45 min
Total time: 1 hour
Yield: 2 servings
Ingredients
  • 3 oz. wide egg noodles
  • 1 egg
  • 3 oz. cream cheese, room temperature
  • 2 oz. sour cream
  • 2 1/2 tbsp. unsalted butter, melted
  • 2 tbsp. white sugar
  • 1 tbsp. dark brown sugar
  • 1 tsp. ground cinnamon
  • 1 tsp. vanilla extract
  • 1/4 tsp. salt
  • 1/4 cup pecans, roughly chopped
  • 1/4 cup raisins
Cooking Directions
  1. Bring a large pot of unsalted water to a boil. Cook noodles according to package directions until just tender. (I removed mine 1 minute earlier than the directions stated so that they were still slightly firm.) Drain.
  2. Preheat oven to 350. Grease 2 8-ounce ramekins.
  3. In a large bowl, combine egg, cream cheese, sour cream, butter, sugars, cinnamon, vanilla, and salt. Fold in nuts and raisins. Stir until well combined.
  4. Stir in noodles.
  5. Spoon into prepared ramekins.
  6. Bake, uncovered, at 350 for 30-45 minutes, until top is browned and center is set.

(The recipe was adapted from All You magazine, January18, 2013. )

No comments :

Post a Comment