Wednesday, January 3, 2018

It's been too long...

It has been over 2 years since I have updated this blog. Life has thrown a lot of curve balls my way and it's time to get back on track.

I lost my mom to cancer in the fall of 2015, had my first baby in the spring of 2016, built a small garage apartment for our family's living arrangements until we can build our dream house, fired 6 contractors, finished building my temporary home myself while 8 months pregnant, had my second baby in the spring of 2017, and have just been struggling to catch up with life for the remainder of the year. Hoping 2018 brings about a lot of positive changes, including the ability to get the remainder of the down payment needed to begin construction on my forever home.

In learning to adjust to my new normal, I have struggled with adapting to a TINY kitchen, a ninja toddler, a second baby, my husband's new job that takes him away from us 50% of the time, and life in general has just kicked my ass.

Since November, I have finally found a happy balance and have started cooking real food again. I've got a legitimate work from home job to supplement our income to help make our dream home a reality that much sooner.

My goal for 2018 is to give you, my awesome readers, at least 4 new recipes a month, posts filled with helpful kitchen tips and advice, and some product reviews as I slowly upgrade and replace much of my 10 year old kitchen utensils.

Best wishes to all for 2018!

No comments :

Post a Comment